Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sonoran

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 29, 2007
I have a 3G and have been using Stanza to do a lot of reading on my iPhone. However, Stanza doesn't translate PDF books very well; things run together, chapters get messed up, etc.

Can someone recommend a good PDF reader for the iPhone that would allow for bookmarks, variable type sizes, etc?

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
To the OP, i've been using Notebooks for my PDF needs, but they don't mimic what you need so it's probably not a valid suggestion. I would however like a PDF app that allowed me to make notes on them/fill in blanks.

Fe1

macrumors regular
May 9, 2009
I have recently bought, but not tested Good Reader. I absolutely love AirSharing Pro.

odelay

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2007
I would also recommend GoodReader.

Dataviz, have, however posted a recent tweet stating that they will be adding some more advanced PDF features to their Documents To Go app, which I'm very keen to see. I use their app for document editing, Good Reader for large PDF files, and DropBox for syncing my MacBook docs folder to the cloud. I would love to see them add support for this or similar cloud storage service.

Anyways, this is what they posted a week ago:

Close to another free DocsToGo #iPhone update w/ lots of PDF goodies: go to page, pswd protection support, tap zoom, fullscreen vew, etc

sidewinder

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2008
Northern California
Good Reader is the way to go. It has a free companion app for your desktop system that allows you to move files to and from the phone via USB.

You cannot beat it for $0.99.

S-

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.