PDF reader for iPhone?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Sonoran, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Sonoran macrumors member

I have a 3G and have been using Stanza to do a lot of reading on my iPhone. However, Stanza doesn't translate PDF books very well; things run together, chapters get messed up, etc.

Can someone recommend a good PDF reader for the iPhone that would allow for bookmarks, variable type sizes, etc?

2. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

To the OP, i've been using Notebooks for my PDF needs, but they don't mimic what you need so it's probably not a valid suggestion. I would however like a PDF app that allowed me to make notes on them/fill in blanks.

3. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

I recommend Good Reader. It works very well for me, and I have had no problems with it at all.

4. Fe1 macrumors regular

I have recently bought, but not tested Good Reader. I absolutely love AirSharing Pro.

5. odelay macrumors 6502

I would also recommend GoodReader.

Dataviz, have, however posted a recent tweet stating that they will be adding some more advanced PDF features to their Documents To Go app, which I'm very keen to see. I use their app for document editing, Good Reader for large PDF files, and DropBox for syncing my MacBook docs folder to the cloud. I would love to see them add support for this or similar cloud storage service.

Anyways, this is what they posted a week ago:

6. scott99 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, Good Reader is awesome, love it.

7. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

Good Reader is the way to go. It has a free companion app for your desktop system that allows you to move files to and from the phone via USB.

You cannot beat it for $0.99.

S-