PDF Reader -SKIM Help Me Please!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by psychotropic, Oct 29, 2008.

1. psychotropic macrumors regular

I need some serious help, so thanks for reading this even if you can't help me.

I am currently using Skim, which is a great program to underline, highlight, and make notes to a pdf file. The problem I am having is when I export the pdf (with the notes) to my jump drive...the parts that I have underlined are now crossed out. By this I mean that the text in the skim program looks like this: Everything is underlined how it should be. But when I export it, the text has the line through the words (as if it were to be crossed out) and not under them. I need this to work, I am working on a project that requires me to read numerous journal articles, which I can print of for free at school, saving me money. But I have to be able to print the pdf files from a windows computer....

If anyone has any idea that may help, once again I appreciate your time.

2. newmacuser101 macrumors newbie

skim help!

I just got skim and I'm having some trouble. Basically, when I underline a word, there are a bunch of vertical lines that appear after each letter. When I highlight a word, each letter is only highlighted, not the spaces in between. It seems to me that Skim is reading the words in the document vertically, not horizontally. Is there anywhere I can fix this so it highlights and underlines properly??