PDF Splitter

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gw0gvq, Jan 30, 2012.

1. gw0gvq Contributor

gw0gvq

I have a pdf ebook thats over 25MB can someone please tell me the best pdf splitter that wil split a pdf file in 2 that I can send the pdf as an attachment and it can be read at the other end , it also needs to be easy to use and understandable ;-) TIA

2. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

Instead of splitting it up, you might consider using dropbox or something like that to transfer the file. Just put it in your public dropbox folder, right click on the file to get a link and send your audience that link.

3. gw0gvq thread starter Contributor

gw0gvq

PDF Splitter

I did consider that thanks only trouble is it's being sent to a business and I'm not sure if they'd accept a link in an email where they can collect it so I was wondering if there was any type of splitter I could use , thanks anyway:)

4. steveoc macrumors regular

Open the pdf in Preview and go to File-->Print. Select the desired range of pages in the print dialogue box, then click on the PDF button on the lower left side. Select Save as PDF… or, if you want to email it, select Mail PDF. Doing the latter will open a new email with the PDF already attached.

5. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

Well, their IT dept would probably rather you sent the link - I know it irritates our IT guy when folks use email as a file transfer protocol. Just fills up the mail servers with more stuff.

Anyway, I see stevoc showed you how to do this in Preview.

6. gw0gvq thread starter Contributor

gw0gvq

Thanks the problem is the 'print' at the bottom of the drop down menu is greyed out , I wonder if I need a printer driver in this laptop because as of yet i've not got it hooked up to a printer cos i've just moved from a windows pc to this Macbook Pro . BTW it's OS Lion.

7. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

Hmm... not sure why print is greyed out, but there is another way to skin this cat. In preview, get the thumbnail sidebar going (view->sidebar->thumbnails. Now select which pages you want to be in another document in the sidebar, then drag that group of pages to the finder (or even the desktop if you are one of those folks that don't mind a cluttered desktop).

8. gw0gvq thread starter Contributor

gw0gvq

Thanks it was that the printer driver was missing I install the correct one and now its ok . Thanks to all of you actually thats why I wanted to know of a way to split it into 2 halves rather than pages. Thanks again all

9. steveoc, Jan 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2012

steveoc macrumors regular

The creator of the PDF may have restricted the ability to print.

Never mind. It seems that you worked it out.

10. leblancchris macrumors newbie

Open it in Acrobat.
    Save as... "minimize file size".
    it significantly reduces the size.

11. gw0gvq thread starter Contributor

gw0gvq

In Dropbox can a non member get access to my file without them signing up for an account?