PDF to WORD program

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hajime, Nov 23, 2013.

1. hajime, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013

hajime macrumors 68030

Is there a good pdf to word program what does the conversions (scanned pdf with words, figures, tables) perfectly? Free one with no limitations of usage would be the most ideal. If not available, please recommend commercial ones. Thanks.

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Title is word->pdf, body is pdf->word. Which is it?

B

3. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

Sorry. Pdf to Word

4. mac8867 macrumors 6502

People publish documents in PDF specifically to present read only copies of their copyright material.

With that said, when I google search for "Convert PDF to Word," I see lots and lots of products. My suggestion, is try, and possibly buy.

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

It depends entirely on the PDF document, and what you mean by "perfectly".

Some PDF files that were created from other electronic documents can be recovered fine, but scanned PDFs are a lot trickier.

For smaller scanned documents, I've found the free conversion Google Drive offers to work OK. However, nowhere near perfectly. For trickier documents, I was recently playing with ABYY FineReader and found it quite flexible.

B

6. stract macrumors member

I used ABBYY FineReader a long time ago (7ish years) to covert a 1000+ page scanned PDF from images into a searchable document, and it was awesome. Glad to hear they're still going strong!