PDF Utility that can merge, extract AND watermark

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by OldGreyGuy, Feb 23, 2014.

1. OldGreyGuy macrumors member

I've been searching through the threads here and looking at my options in the App Store and there seem to be lots of utilities that do some of my three requirements.

I do a lot of project documents, many of which need to be circulated as PDFs, I have to often merge/extract pages from PDFs supplied to me and I also need on occasion to put a watermark on PDFs, some of which I did not create or I do not have access to the source document.

Is there a tool that will fill all of my needs:
    • Merge multiple PDF documents together;
    • Extract pages from a PDF; and
    • Put a watermark on each page of a PDF.

Of course if the tool had other features (Compress, rotate, reorder) then this would be a bonus.

I don't mind if it is not a free app but being in Australia and sick of paying the Australia tax where folks like Adobe seem to think they can charge twice the US price I'd rather not have to buy a copy of Acrobat Pro.

Thanks. OGG

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

I do not understand why you are asking a question whose answer is so obvious. Never the less, I will repeat it here:

There is no better application on the market today to do this than Adobe Acrobat XI Pro. Everything that you listed is part of its functionality.

3. JackRoch macrumors member

Had you had a look at PDF Editor: http://www.wondershare.com/mac-pdf-editor/ (US$49) ?

or PDF Studio: http://www.qoppa.com/pdfstudio/ ? Both Standard (US$89) and Pro (US$129) do watermarks.

I have no experience of either; OpenSource Skim (which I don't think does watermarks) is sufficient for my meagre needs!

p.s. having read the last line of your OP I understand exactly why you are asking your question. But I'll let you point that out.

4. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

I had Acrobat Pro for five years, but did not go to the CC route, and sold my laptop with it to my son.

I found PDFpenPro. It meets my needs. And it includes watermark capability. I got a special two licenses for less than the license for one (from the developer).

5. sero macrumors member

PDFtk