Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr M5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 24, 2011
I have file app pro on my ipad, and have noticed recently that the files when viewing them and scrolling through them get a black pop up of page xx of xx, is there anyway to turn that off? For some reason I don't remember that being there before, but now it bothers me.

Megakazbek

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2011
iBooks doesn't support scrolling of PDFs, also in landscape mode it just zooms out whole page to fit on screen which is kinda silly.
GoodReader also doesn't support proper PDF scrolling. I don't uderstand how people can call it an excellent reader when it doesn't let you scroll through PDF pages like you do on your computer or on Apple's own internal iOS PDF viewer.
Adobe Reader lets you scroll PDFs, but it also displays same page number popup which cannot be disabled, and a little bit slower than iOS viewer.
There is no perfect PDF reader for iOS.

PrometheusGeek

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2012
IBooks displays them well. GoodReader has some very nice and robust file organization features, as well as integration with cloud services such as Dropbox and WebDAV. I use it all day long, and keep files synced between my iPad and 3 separate cloud vaults. It's an awesome tool!

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2011
I use iAnnotate. I think it's an excellent app, but it might be a bit pricey if you don't need a lot of annotation functions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.