PDF's & Finder

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by roycemac, Feb 13, 2014.

1. roycemac macrumors member

I.m OK with viewing PDF's in Finder (Mavericks) but I need to do (2) things and my head is spinning...

1. Combine PDF's into a single, multipage pdf (not easy and it does't always work in Mavericks)

2. Include Stamps & Signatures into a PDF (like I can do on my PC)
    ie: insert my signature (a png file) on the page
    insert a "Sign Here" stamp to tell someone where to sign.

Any advice is much appreciated.
    I am willing to purchase the right software!

2. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Not sure about your second question, but combining pages is easy. Turn on thumbnails, and you can simply copy and paste thumbnails from one PDF to another in Preview.

3. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Same thing, once the PDF's are open, just drop and drag the thumb nails on top of one another to combine. Just be careful and make sure that the little underline is "in" the destination PDF and not just under it. Otherwise, easy.

As for the second one, signing is easy, but "Sign Here" isn't so easy. You can add "Notes" and say "Sign Here" they show up as little sticky notes but someone has to click on it to see what it says.

4. Partron22 macrumors 68000

Partron22

For whatever reason, that method doesn't work with my copy of Preview on my (10.9.1) Mac.
    Instead, I open multiple pdfs in Preview, arrange them in the order I want in thumbnail view, select all thumbnails, and Print to pdf. They end up in a single file.

5. Qaanol macrumors 6502a

You can also use Automator. I have a few little scripts for things like:

Combine all images in a folder into a PDF.
    Merge all PDFs in a folder into a PDF
    Split a PDF into single-page PDFs

6. onekerato macrumors regular

You can use the "Text" annotation tool to write "Sign Here" anywhere on a PDF page, i.e. remains visible on page unlike a popup. Also shows up in printouts.

7. dspilman macrumors newbie

dspilman

Would you mind sharing your scripts? If be interested to play around with these. Thanks!