PDF's on Safari

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by luckystriked, Apr 4, 2011.

1. luckystriked macrumors regular

Hi, I bought my first ipad on sunday and I'm trying to view PDF on my elearning platform (moodle) from my university but for some reason I can't scroll the Pdf's, so I'm stuck at the first page. Is there a way to download them to iBooks? The pdf is inside a frame. i can post a picture later.

Thank you

2. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

try the 2 finger swipe. place 2 fingers together and swipe upwards. I've had this occasionally happen to me browsing some websites and the 2 finger method tends to work about 80% of the time for me.

3. luckystriked thread starter macrumors regular

4. smor1297 macrumors newbie

Try copying the link.

This happens to me too on my schools system. We have links to click to get to the pdf and if I just tap it, I cannot scroll, but if I touch and hold until it gives me the option to copy the link, when I copy and paste the link into the address bar it opens in a new tab with a black bar up top that gives me the option to open in iBooks.

5. luckystriked, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2011

luckystriked thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the tip but it didn't work, I hold until the copy option shows up but when I paste the link to the safari bar it just opens normally :( I really need this to work so if someone can help me I'd appreciate it

6. luckystriked thread starter macrumors regular

I just found an app called downloads for iPad lite that can download the pdfs :) but it only stores to 7 files so i guess i've to buy the complete version. Anyone knows a similar app that's free?