PDF's

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cynics, Aug 1, 2012.

1. cynics macrumors G4

Probably just me but how do you guys work PDF's?

I was recently trying to save one from the Internet to review at a later date but couldn't really figure out how to save it.

Then today I got a PDF in an email and needed to resend it to someone else. I couldn't really figure out how to save it and attach it to a new email.

I know how to do this on other devices so I know there is a way but I'm just not seeing it.

Thanks for the help.

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

You can't really save it per se, but opening it in an app that reads PDFs will "save" it in that app. Apps such as GoodReader and Readdle (I think) do this and I assume you can email PDFs from those apps too. There's also iBooks and Adobe Reader as well.

3. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Safari should be able to "open in.." iBooks. Will save it there, and you can email it back out.

You can do the same with Dropbox.

The Adobe Reader app will let you sign, do typewriter text, and some other small tweaks to PDF. And then transfer to drop box, or email out.

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I can confirm that Goodreader will both open, and email PDF's, although I'm not sure about Readdle's sending ability.

5. cynics thread starter macrumors G4

I have drop box and I'm not really seeing how to resend a PDF. I get a message about no installed apps.

I'm very surprised that such a simple task requires me to purchase an app. Good reader is 4.99.

I usually have an Android tablet with me so it's not a really big deal. Anyone know any free alternatives?

Thanks for the previous help guys!

6. batting1000 macrumors 604

Adobe Reader, like I said earlier.

7. cynics thread starter macrumors G4

Oh sweet! I kind of stopped reading toward the end since it seemed like "might work" ideas. Awesome, just what I was looking for, thanks a lot.

8. batting1000 macrumors 604

No problem. Dropbox wll do something similar but I don't think it's ideal. If you have the file on your DB account, you can email the link of the file to a person, but like I said it's not as ideal as sending the actual file.

9. cynics thread starter macrumors G4

Ya this works well cause even if it's in drop box I can open it in adobe from there and then email it. Thanks again. I'm in the middle of dead lines refinancing my house and it was driving me nuts trying to figure out this PDF stuff from my phone while at work. The benefit of a file system was a work around I was using but now I don't have to worry about that. Life saver man.