PeachMac

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Zord, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Zord macrumors 6502

Zord

Hello everyone,

I was in my local Peach Mac store today and I was talking with one of the associates there about the upcoming iPhone, well this lead to the store manager coming into the conversation. As we talked for a while I brought up the fact that I was looking for a job. . . He asked me if I would like to work at Peachmac?? I said sure. So the management team there has asked me to come in for an interview on Tuesday. Ok, so my question is. . . Does anyone have any info on what it's like to work for this company?? Maybe a friend or yourself has or is working there.

http://www.peachmac.com/

Anything would help me, good or bad.

Thanks!!

2. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Interesting. Didn't know store's like this existed in the US.

3. leftywamumonkey macrumors 6502a

leftywamumonkey

Congrats on getting an interview. The whole time I thought you were substituting Apple with Peach. :D When I clicked the link, I found out that its a real place.

4. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

We have a place just like that in Portland.

5. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

6. Zord thread starter macrumors 6502

Zord

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/9A5313e)

Hahaha!! Yeah, it's a real place. Cool stores. . . A lot closer to me than any "real" Apple store. :)

7. jedivulcan macrumors 6502

I'm kind of interested in which location and how far you got in the interview process.

I applied there and they made me wait thirty minutes over the scheduled interview in the store (this is on top of showing up about 15-20 minutes early, left and came back).

When they finally sat me in the back of the store for an interview, I was constantly interrupted by employees either A) Not knowing what they were doing B) Issues with customers that constantly needed the manager's attention.

The manager grew impatient with me and only asked me roughly two questions. I explained myself as being pretty adept to learning, know a lot about Apple computers, and even though I'm relatively knew in retail, I understand the economics of it all.

Very polite, clean shaven, mid-twenties, dressed appropriate. Very concise, coherent, educated. No record of drugs or crimes. Never got a call back. The manager excused me by saying that there was a very big stack of people she thought was worthy of the job and that she may or may not call me even to tell me I got the job.

Last year, I got called for an interview but it was cancelled because of an "overbooking" of interviews.

8. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

I would go over her head, and apply for the managers position in that store.

She is obviously in over hers.