Peak Brightness Levels have changed

Benz63amg

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
On my Series 3 i had to have brightness at the highest setting to see the watch face properly in daylight and on my new Series 4 i can have the brightness set to level 1 and still easily see the watch face outside during the day so the brightness has certainly changed in the display. Great surprise as i wasn't aware the peak brightness was improved on the Series 4.

matrix07

macrumors 603
Jun 24, 2010
On my Series 3 i had to have brightness at the highest setting to see the watch face properly in daylight and on my new Series 4 i can have the brightness set to level 1 and still easily see the watch face outside during the day so the brightness has certainly changed in the display. Great surprise as i wasn't aware the peak brightness was improved on the Series 4.
Interesting. Are you sure the outside brightness are the same?

Benz63amg

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
Interesting. Are you sure the outside brightness are the same?
I am absolutely certain 100%. I have had a Stainless Steel Series 2 as well as a Series 3 and both had an identical issue where I had to set the brightness level to Max to be able to properly and easily read the time during daylight when I’m outside, with the Series 4 I was about to bump up the brightness as I normally would when setting up the new Apple Watch and I realized that everything was visible even on the lowest setting which implies they modified the display’s brightness and improved visibility, I’m assuming the Series 3 has an identical display since the first Apple Watch and the Series 4 is the first Apple Watch with an improved overall display aside from the fact it’s a larger display.

Reactions: matrix07
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.