PEAP access

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by buttercup, Oct 31, 2007.

1. buttercup macrumors member

Hi Everyone

I have googled and it seems as though there is no solution for this currently. However I figure it isn't impossible until someone on macrumors tells me so :)

At work we have a PEAP wireless network I would like to be able to login to from my iPod Touch. Has anyone successfully done this? I am also wondering how I force the wireless settings to allow me to even enter a username, it seems to just prompt me for password everytime.

Thanks!

2. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

No it's not possible - Apple have not included PEAP on the Touch (or iphone).

You can in fact force it to ask you for a username... means editing a plist (so the UI is there) but it doesn't work because there's nothing in the backend to actually implement it.

3. buttercup thread starter macrumors member

Dang it, Thanks Tony. I guess I am resigned to our guest wireless.

Cheers

4. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

SpookTheHamster

I was just about to ask the same question. No third party apps that enable PEAP at all?

5. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

You could do it by completely replacing the supplicant but I can't see a way of disabling the builtin one. If you just wanted to add it to the existing system you'd need a kernel module at least. I suspect apple will be the ones who finally fix that one.