Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

base242

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2013
At Pebble, we clicked the button to push it live in the App Store at 10AM PDT. Usually it goes live within 15 minutes. For some reason it did not. We're thinking their CDN is stuck. We pinged them. We're as mystified as you are.

Any news?

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
Its showing now under updates on my 5S, however, it only gives me the option to open the app and the description still shows whats new from the prior update

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
Showing up on my Updated apps on iPhone.. unfortunately can only Open. Doesn't recognize that there's an updated version.

A few other apps did the same earlier today and then eventually could update.

o0smoothies0o

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2013
I'd hardly call it "scrambling" considering all of these features were announced back from the original kickstarter. But they eventually all got pushed back into the 2.0 release over a year later.

The Pebble is still a tiny niche product, if the iWatch comes along then it will only serve to validate it. While the Apple version will outsell it greatly, the most likely effect will actually be increasing pebble's sales as more people become aware of the market.

Oh the people who don't understand it. I love it :)

snowcrash

macrumors regular
May 30, 2011
Boston MA, USA
not so -- compared to bling-bling men's watches, it may be slim, but compared to conservative men's watches it's quite bulky.

Wouldn't know about bling-bling watches but compared to my Luninox, Tag, Timex Ironman, Nike, D&G, Fossil, Phosphor, Nooka, and others I notice no bulk what-so ever. None of them being a "bling" large faced watch. Most having a 20mm band and around +/- 45mm round face. Pebble is 32mm wide x 50mm tall. Hardly bulky at all as far as "standard" watch faces go. Not sure what watches you're talking about but the last thing that came to mind when I put on my Pebble was "wow this thing is bulky".

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
Showing up on my Updated apps on iPhone.. unfortunately can only Open. Doesn't recognize that there's an updated version.

A few other apps did the same earlier today and then eventually could update.

Mines doing that too. Got excited when the App Store notification came through on the pebble but checking the phone and it's stuck knowing there's an update but not showing it. Dammit. So close lol

dandyhighwayman

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2012
Are any of you actually getting the update? None of us have seen it in the app store here, but it sounds like a few of you are seeing it.

MyRomeo

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
I'm seeing an update but it's the 1.3.1 app from jan... And every time I go into App Store it finds it again and re-updates it!

Ps - uk app store

Gryph8s

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2014
4:14 - just outside NYC - old version of the app updates as others have reported. I'm still waiting...

DocGo

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2008
Toronto
Hopefully soon…

Going to the below URL shows V2, which didn't happen 5 minutes ago!
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/pebble-smartwatch/id592012721?mt=8

Though, iTunes itself is still showing the previous version.

Yes, when I looked at app store, it didn't show me that there's an update, but when i click on "open" in the place where "update" is usually located in the iPhone's iTunes page, it actually asks me to put in my password...this is what usually happens when I download an app that is not yet downloaded in the past...so it is downloading now...shall see if this is the newer version.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
This really improves the pebble on so many levels. Not having to dig though the App Store or websites to find apps is perfect. I didn't even know Hubble existed for the hue lights. Seriously an awesome update!

Stiltz99

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2014
Columbus, OH
2.0 here also in ohio. Agree with liking the red icon better, but overall I love the update. And, while it might be a niche product, I have loved my pebble since I got it a couple of months ago. Wish I would have waited a little longer though, would have gotten the steel.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.