Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spock

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2002
Vulcan
Here is a pic of my defective screen, I'm hoping that it is just a software problem that can be fixed with an update.

Attachments

• Pebble.jpeg
    Pebble.jpeg
    240.7 KB · Views: 102

harry*333

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2009
I love iFixit's statement: "Pebble employs tons of adhesive to keep water—and tinkerers—out. Add in a bezel around the screen, and it's impossible to separate the cases without compromising the display."

No, how about the adhesive keeps the water out? Geez. What a bunch of tools. No pun intended.

So they aren't allowed to include a little humor in their write-ups?

I personally really like iFixit. They provide the most detailed and well written guides, many of which I have used. Granted I was working on older devices, and no one is likely going to be repairing their latest gen devices. Nevertheless, my favorite thing iFixit provides are their teardowns. Even if I'm never going to be taking apart my new iPhone, I'm still very curious to see what's all inside and how it's designed and put together. So to all you haters out there, I don't know what your problem is with iFixit, but no need to bash a company that provides quality information and is arguably the best at it.

suneun

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2002
Years ago I replaced the casing around the keyboard of my iBook. A couple years ago I replaced the hard drive in my iMac. Not everyone gets AppleCare and some people like fixing their own computers. I also find tear downs interesting. I appreciate the occasional ifixit article.

Cancelled
Aug 18, 2005
It's guts look good, if only they worked, my Pebble lasted 3 days before the screen got all messed up to the point you can't read it.

Yeah that seems to be a recurring issue, I had the same on my Pebble in the first few hours.. But in my case it actually improved and it's completely gone now.. They have said (on their old forums) that it is a hardware issue. Eric himself said this but I can't find the post back now that they have redesigned their forums.

I'm not happy with their support though, I was advised on facebook to log a support request in the app, and I never heard anything back even though it's 3 weeks ago now. But I won't press the matter because the issue is gone.

By the way here's a picture of mine before it mysteriously fixed itself:

full.jpg

Also an early adopter by the way, I backed the project on day 1, and because I ordered a black one it was shipped in the second (international) batch.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.