Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
Hey there guys, i was able to pick up a pebble today at bestbuy! they only had 7. I luckily got the last one! only 15 minutes after bestbuy opened lol. Anyway's, I look forward to sharing my impressions to those who care to know! Feel free to post your own impressions and pictures as well! this is for all current "kickstarter" and new "retail" version owners! And for people who might be wanting one!

First things first, i have had it for about 3 hours and the thing that got me the most at first was the vibrating, its startling the first time, but after that you grow to love it! While my hype for it has definitely died down quite a bit over the past few hours, I cant wait to see how my first full day goes tommorow, more specifically the battery affect and such. Thanks for reading guys! feel free to ask questions! :D

bjamin

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2013
I've had one for a few weeks and I love it so far. Make sure to check out http://www.mypebblefaces.com/. Here's a shot of my favorite face (he chomps every 60 sec), and, what I often do in boring meetings. :D

Attachments

• image (4).jpeg
    image (4).jpeg
    475.4 KB · Views: 110
  • image (3).jpeg
    image (3).jpeg
    471.2 KB · Views: 115

Assault

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2013
in the taint
Hey there guys, i was able to pick up a pebble today at bestbuy! they only had 7. I luckily got the last one! only 15 minutes after bestbuy opened lol. Anyway's, I look forward to sharing my impressions to those who care to know! Feel free to post your own impressions and pictures as well! this is for all current "kickstarter" and new "retail" version owners! And for people who might be wanting one!

First things first, i have had it for about 3 hours and the thing that got me the most at first was the vibrating, its startling the first time, but after that you grow to love it! While my hype for it has definitely died down quite a bit over the past few hours, I cant wait to see how my first full day goes tommorow, more specifically the battery affect and such. Thanks for reading guys! feel free to ask questions! :D

Sorry, but Pebble lost my business. I pre-ordered over 7 months ago, and never got a single email from them. Apparently, they have no issue breaking their word, so no money from me. I have also heard of bad customer service for people have warranty claims (mostly due to poor plastic molding from the factory. Maybe that has been sorted?) I'm sure those that are getting them now via BestBuy are happy though.
Besides with the Agent smartwatch coming out in a few months with better hardware, newer bt protocols coming out with Android 4.3 and wireless Qi charging, I am glad I didn't get a Pebble now.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
I've had one for a few weeks and I love it so far. Make sure to check out http://www.mypebblefaces.com/. Here's a shot of my favorite face (he chomps every 60 sec), and, what I often do in boring meetings. :D

Is that Tetris? TETRIS ?!?!? Hehe, very nice.

I hope that the iWatch revolutionizes this market, as of now I can't stand the 1980s casio calculator watch looks all these companies are coming out with. Give me a nice metallic watchband, give me narrow or no bezels. Give me something that feels like a nice watch and would make me consider replacing my own watch as a piece of jewelry AND a technological aid. I think Apple understands this as no other company does, that's why I'm excited to see what they come up with.

SpyderBite

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2011
Xanadu
Well. At least you guys didn't get sucked in to the Cookoo Watch project. Got two of them as a Kickstarter backer. They're useless. BT disconnects every 30 secs and no txt or email alerts yet. :p

SlCKB0Y

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2012
Sydney, Australia
newer bt protocols coming out with Android 4.3

Which newer BT protocols and how do you know what Android 4.3 supports?

Try this article. Not sure if it covers exactly what you're looking for but coincidentally just read it a few moments ago.

Thanks for that. Well then my point to Assault would be that like Agent smart watch, Pebble also has BT4 compatible hardware! But he knows this, because I corrected him the last time he implied this.

----------

I hope that the iWatch revolutionizes this market... think Apple understands this as no other company does, that's why I'm excited to see what they come up with.

I'm sure they'll come out with a great design but i'm equally as sure that it will be tied to iPhone, which is no good for me.

I saw this Apple patent for bendable, curved batteries the other day - I wouldn't be surprised if they put the battery inside the band - its mostly wasted space anyways and would give the body a much sleeker look.

Still, I wouldn't be too hopeful that they'll come out with something to out-class your subby (not sure thats possible) :D

Last edited:

Assault

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2013
in the taint
Which newer BT protocols and how do you know what Android 4.3 supports?

Thanks for that. Well then my point to Assault would be that like Agent smart watch, Pebble also has BT4 compatible hardware! But he knows this, because I corrected him the last time he implied

You might want to read the news once in a while. Android 4.3 has already been leaked and the apk torn down. Don't worry, you can keep correcting me. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.