Pebble watch - is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by hulk2012, Jan 21, 2014.

1. hulk2012 macrumors 6502

I'm thinking of buying a smart watch which can sync notifications as well as helps me to keep track on my cardio timing and more using Nike+ app. I am thinking of the plastic one however these stainless steel look quite sweet as well. What's your thoughts on that? Is it really worth the money? Or it's just another useless gadget..?

2. troy14 macrumors 6502a

Depends if you really need it or not. I have one and it is one of the best thing that has happened to me. Waterproof is awesome, I only take it off to charge it. The shower, pool, etc. it's really convenient.

Anyways, I am not allowed to use my cell phone in the hospital I am at, so it's nice to be able to see text, emails, and phone calls without bringing out my phone.

I also can change the time format from 24hr (which the hospital uses) to 12hr for when I go out or anything.

The own the rubber first gen. I am thinking of purchasing the new steel so when I dress up and go out it won't look so cheap, it looks pretty nice.

I'm hoping the new App Store will bring some more cool features but I'm not sure what else id need. You can buy one at best buy and if it doesn't work out, always return it.

3. takeshi74 macrumors 601

As with any topic the answer will vary depending on who you ask. Read up and see if it sounds useful to you. As indicated above, buy from a place that offers a good return policy in case you determine that it is not worth it to you.

4. Apple Fan 21 macrumors regular

Its awsome. I love mine. I use it to control music Im streaming from my iPhone, while in the shower. Needs more apps but thats coming soon.

5. hulk2012 thread starter macrumors 6502

Might love that too.

6. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

I have the Kickstarter edition and for the $115 I paid for it, I love it. I like the looks of the new steel model better, but not enough that I'll get one for $250.