Peculiar Returns Q

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacTea, Nov 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacTea macrumors member

I think I know the answer to this but asking on behalf of my cousin. Does Apple record the serial number to your shipping invoice? He was planning on returning his TMob X but he ended up damaging the phone beyond repair. He bought the phone from Apple website on launch day. Can I give him my new X that I got from TMob (same model/color) for him to return the phone and get his cash back? He will pay me back monthly for his phone but I guess he can't afford to take a $1K cash hit right now. TIA

2. sirenized macrumors 6502

youre asking if its ok to steal? the answer is no

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

4. MacTea thread starter macrumors member

Steal? No. I pretty much told him it wasn't possible but his plan was to return my brand new X. But I told him I rather give him the cash than have him do this. But point well taken.

5. ZipZap macrumors 603

He is asking if he can substitute/return his new X undamaged phone for the damaged one. Everyone is in their return period here. No one is stealing.

The answer is no, you cannot return your iPhone in place of the damaged one. The serial number is associated to the person.

6. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Why can't you return your iPhone X for a full refund and lend him the money?

(Sorry if I'm being a bit obtuse but I don't understand why there is a need for deception here)

7. MacTea thread starter macrumors member

Thank you. This is what I had told him and was the intent of my query.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

[MOD NOTE]
    I restored the original post, as the rest of the thread makes no sense without it . @MacTea do not delete your posts like that, as its not permitted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.