Peculiar wi-fi problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by amoghranadive, Mar 4, 2011.

1. amoghranadive macrumors newbie

Hello,

Off late I have been faced with a very weird problem. I have a 13 inch white Macbook with Snow Leopard 10.6.6, and a desktop running Windows 7. I use wired internet on the desktop and wi-fe on the notebook. However, recently I noticed NONE of the Apple apps were working. Twitter for Mac refused to load up the timeline, App Store couldn't connect, and neither would Safari. All this while I could browse without any issues on Firefox.

Somebody suggested I change the network location from Automatic to Home. I did that, and surely enough all the apps started working. However, I now lose connection every 2 minutes. Airport shows full signal strength but websites refuse to load and Adium signs out.

I don't know why this started in the first place, but it would be awesome if any of you could help with a concrete solution.

Thank you so much!

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

What kind of WiFi router do you have? Did you try resetting and updating it's firmware? What happens when you connect your MacBook to it via Ethernet cable? Are you able to connect to another wireless router, and if so, do your apps work then?

3. amoghranadive thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey!

Thank you for your reply. I managed to solve the problem. It was a proxy issue. Somebody had changed proxy settings for access to a secured wireless network, which conflicted with the network at home. All good now! :)

Thanks!

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member