Pedal Controller for Main Stage

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by paul.b.davis, Nov 6, 2007.

1. paul.b.davis macrumors 6502

paul.b.davis

So I am planning on getting Logic Studio and using Main Stage for live performances (I am a bass player).

What I am looking for is a control surface (USB or FireWire) that has at least one expression pedal and perhaps a couple of switches, but I cannot find anything anywhere!

Does anyone know of where I can find one of these??

Thanks in advance

2. NewbieNerd macrumors 6502a

NewbieNerd

Hey, I dunno much about this stuff and only started looking into it today, but it seems like the most popular foot controller out there is the Behringer FCB1010, which can be had for a cool $150. This is MIDI output, but there are plenty of MIDI <-> USB cables out there for like $30, or get some firewire adapter like the MOTU Ultralite (plenty of others, M-Audio and Presonus I think make some) that does MIDI and input/output for your bass. I'm leaning towards the Apogee Duet, but that doesn't do MIDI so I'll just have to get the extra cable I guess.

Again, I don't really know much, hehe. My love for individual stompboxes is battling my love for Macs and this new MainStage...not sure which will win. :)

3. MarkW19 macrumors 65816