Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RyCan3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2010
Has anyone actually received their case from Peel? I ordered over a week ago and it just says they have received my order. I have emailed them but never heard anything back.

laddster

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2012
Has anyone actually received their case from Peel? I ordered over a week ago and it just says they have received my order. I have emailed them but never heard anything back.

I did - I ordered it on 9/16 and got it around 9/20. I LOVE IT. Super thin, does not look like I have a case on my phone and the back feels really nice. But there is definitely no lip to it on the edge so I am considering a screen protector.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ

I ordered one on 9/20 and heard nothing about shipping. I emailed them on 9/23 to inquire and got a response within an hour saying it was scheduled to ship 9/30. I guess they got more orders than product. #drumsFingersOnDesk

RyCan3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2010
I ordered one on 9/20 and heard nothing about shipping. I emailed them on 9/23 to inquire and got a response within an hour saying it was scheduled to ship 9/30. I guess they got more orders than product. #drumsFingersOnDesk
Wow lucky you lol.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Just got this from "Ginny" at Peel, literally 5 minutes ago:

Hey this is Ginny from the Peel support team. I wanted to reach out and apologize. Peel has been overloaded with iPhone 7 case orders. Your Peel iPhone 7 Plus case order in Black should have been shipping within 1-2 days, but we’ve had such a massive influx of orders that our warehouse and support team has been slammed. We just ran out of stock on your item. The good news is more are being rushed to our warehouse and will get to us Thursday or Friday this week.

I’d like to offer the best solution we can given the circumstances. I’d like to refund your shipping on this order. When we get your items in later this week, our warehouse team will get it shipped out to you as fast as we can. I’m so sorry about this! I hope you can hang tight just a little longer :)

Please let me know if this works. If you’ve already spoken to someone from our team about this delay, please ignore this message.

Also, please note that we’re pretty slammed right now with questions and inquiries, so please give us a little bit of time (a couple days) to reply. We’ll get back to you as fast as we can!

reyalP

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012
I am getting ready to purchase the Peel case and thought I would share some alternatives that I have that are the essentially the same look if anyone is interested.

Caudabe Veil XT - favorite case so far. The black case is opaque so there is no apple logo showing through. The case does have a little texture to it for a better grip. Much more improved over last years model for the 6s plus. Branding is small and very noticeable. Fit, finish, warranty and customer service is top notch.

Elago origin- ordered dark grey was really impressed how it looked on the black iPhone. Apple logo will barely show through the grey case at least on the black phone.
The black origin case is opaque, so no apple logo showing through. Both cases are smooth with no texture. but still offer somewhat better grip then a naked black iPhone. Branding is more prominent but I find it tolerable. Fit and finish is top notch. Can buy at Amazon for $10.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.