Peer Guardian Going Insane

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Gen, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Gen macrumors 6502a

Gen

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First time this happened.
    I'm using Demonoid.me too. I also have Transmission Blockist active along-side Peer Guardian

Things that are weird "City council of Valmiera" and "Time Warner Telecom" (I use Comcast)

2. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Guess what! You're talking about pirating things, which isn't approved here.

FWIW, seeing Time Warner Telecom as blocked isn't weird at all because they own Comcast.

3. Gen thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gen

Who says I'm pirating?
    I'm just sharing freeware.

Anyway - Peer Guardian been's producing a lot of "blocked sites" lately, odd

4. gman34 macrumors member

If that's true than uninstall peer guardian, you have nothing to be afraid of.

5. munkery, Dec 20, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2010

munkery macrumors 68020

munkery

Anti-Piracy organizations only join torrent swarms for illegal content. They also post bogus torrents to collect IPs of pirates. If Peer Guardian is going crazy, it is most likely because the torrent is a decoy to collect IPs. The data you are downloading is also most likely no good.

Also, your upload bandwidth is huge. If it is encrypted and legit, they may be trying to connect to see what you are seeding? One of these agencies does own your IPS.

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

You don't need to use peer guardian if the content is legal.

7. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

You essentially did when you said you were using PeerGuardian (pointless if you're legitimately torrenting something, such as Ubuntu) and that you're using Demonoid, a well known piracy site.

8. Sparky9292 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Huh? Uh since you are not doing anything illegal then let me look at your bank account.

9. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Nice try, but PeerGuardian is set up specifically for blocking IPs for P2P purposes. Unless you're sharing bank account (or other sensitive) information via P2P, there's no good reason to use PeerGuardian.