Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrenMyster

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
Hey

I just downloaded peer guardian for the mac and when i load it it seems to kill my internet connection, I can't get anything thought safari or firefox.

Anyone else know of a fix for this?

Thanks

B

akm3

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2007
I couldn't make that work right either.

I have nothing to add that can help :(

BrenMyster

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
Cheers

I just need to hide my ip from a specific website,

Is there anyway of doing this?

theyellowdart

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2008
The Mitten State
Cheers

I just need to hide my ip from a specific website,

Is there anyway of doing this?

Yea, PG certainly wouldn't be the way to do this, since all it does is stop connections from happening.

What you want would be a proxy. The easy quick way would be to use a website proxy (For example, http://www.youhide.com ) however they aren't necessarily secure, stable, or fast. So it's not something you would want to do major browsing on.

operator207

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2007
proxy 4 free . com I don't understand why I can't type 4 and free next to each other without this *****

Probably some sort of anti forum spam setup. On another forum, where we talk about a specific type of car, we cannot shorten distributor to dizzy, if we do it gives us some odd characters, and you cannot search by dizzy or the odd characters. The admin says its for spammers. :rolleyes: can't see why, but ok.

michaelwithe21

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2009
CA
peer guardian is the best

I dont know what u guys think you know, but peer guardian is crucial for P2P programs and browsing dangerous sites... it has settings that will allow you to allow "known" ports or "known" IP ranges, it has 3 layers, so you can customize to you... i use safari with everything at level 1 2 and 3 and i just let GROWL show what IPS are blocked and i can click to allow if i need to... it uses blueshock or somthing to get blacklists... and works for every protocol and works will with norton or intego.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.