Peer Guardian kills internet

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BrenMyster, Jul 30, 2008.

1. BrenMyster macrumors member

Hey

I just downloaded peer guardian for the mac and when i load it it seems to kill my internet connection, I can't get anything thought safari or firefox.

Anyone else know of a fix for this?

Thanks

B

2. akm3 macrumors 68020

I couldn't make that work right either.

I have nothing to add that can help :(

3. theyellowdart macrumors regular

Peer Guardian really does nothing.. It can help with ads a bit... but if you are using it for it's "security" features, it's just a placebo and won't help you.

4. BrenMyster thread starter macrumors member

Cheers

I just need to hide my ip from a specific website,

Is there anyway of doing this?

5. theyellowdart macrumors regular

Yea, PG certainly wouldn't be the way to do this, since all it does is stop connections from happening.

What you want would be a proxy. The easy quick way would be to use a website proxy (For example, www.youhide.com ) however they aren't necessarily secure, stable, or fast. So it's not something you would want to do major browsing on.

6. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

proxy 4 free . com I don't understand why I can't type 4 and free next to each other without this *****

7. operator207 macrumors 6502

Probably some sort of anti forum spam setup. On another forum, where we talk about a specific type of car, we cannot shorten distributor to dizzy, if we do it gives us some odd characters, and you cannot search by dizzy or the odd characters. The admin says its for spammers. :rolleyes: can't see why, but ok.

8. michaelwithe21 macrumors member

michaelwithe21

peer guardian is the best

I dont know what u guys think you know, but peer guardian is crucial for P2P programs and browsing dangerous sites... it has settings that will allow you to allow "known" ports or "known" IP ranges, it has 3 layers, so you can customize to you... i use safari with everything at level 1 2 and 3 and i just let GROWL show what IPS are blocked and i can click to allow if i need to... it uses blueshock or somthing to get blacklists... and works for every protocol and works will with norton or intego.