Peer to peer airplay / Amazon video not working

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Sterner, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Sterner macrumors newbie

If anyone has the Apple TV working with the peer-to-peer airplay and Amazon Video app on an iPhone / iPad I sure would appreciate any help in getting this to work.

I have the latest software installed on my iPhone and rev. A Apple TV unit and the screen mirroring works fine. I can send downloaded Apply videos (tv shows and movies) to the Apple TV / screen fine but as soon as I try to use the Amazon Prime Video App and play a show I get an error message saying "An error occurred using this content". I have no home network so this is strictly peer-to-peer Airplay.

I'm grateful for any suggestions. This is very frustrating.

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I wonder if Amazon prime only works over airplay with an actual internet connection.

3. Sterner thread starter macrumors newbie

If that's the case I don't understand the purpose of the peer to peer feature. Very frustrating that I can't get this to work.

4. RobinInOR macrumors 6502

RobinInOR

It works in my case only if I download, not stream. I'm not sure if that matches your use case.
    I use the Amazon Prime video app. Purchased a tv series, and downloaded it to my iPad.
    Then used the air play mirroring to push it to the Apple TV 4.

It doesn't work with just streaming. I read somewhere that the Amazon streaming container is not standard and that's why it doesn't work with air play. But if you can download and play on your iPad/iPhone, then you can use air play.

5. Sterner thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried downloading one of the shows I wanted to watch and it didn't work for me that way either. It wasnt a show I purchased, just one available via the prime membership (The Grand Tour).

6. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Is there a different service you can try? I am not too familiar with peer-to-peer sharing, but it is very possible it is restricted to just Apple content.