Peer to Peer

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by giyad, Oct 26, 2007.

1. giyad macrumors regular

I'm looking for good peer to peer software. I am relatively new to mac and on windows I used to use IRC and torrents for all my peer to peer, but I can't really use IRC on a mac (atleast haven't been able to find a good client). Anyone have any suggestions? I heard of Cabos and Aquisition, but nothing too good about either...

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Anyone responding to this please remember:
    Rules!

Not wishing to accuse anyone of anything, just saving myself work later having to tidy up the thread ;)

3. ritzomaniac macrumors newbie

4. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Azureus is another good one, BitTorrent based. It has it's own search built in, and a lot of (legal) free videos listed, stuff not published in the US and public domain stuff. It's Java based, so it's slow (like LimeWire) but works well.

I don't recommend Acquisition, if only because I don't think you should pay for a way to download free stuff, especially if it doesn't work very well.

jW

5. giyad thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah Azureus is good, but I prefer Transmission on the Mac.

6. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

What?! Limewire is as secure as an open gate, has more viruses than actual content and more pr0n than actual content (infact, search for something like music, and it's likely to be pr0n 99% of the time).

I wasn't even sure anyone still used Limewire.

7. giyad thread starter macrumors regular

I agree... so what do you suggest then?