Pelican case, Macbook, and Shock

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Tubig, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Tubig macrumors newbie

I just picked up a Pelican 1470 case for my Blackbook. Other retailers, some except for Pelican themselves, have advertised the case as shock proof. I'm not going to toss my macbook (inside the case) off the top of a building, but I do wonder how well would it hold up. I saw a video where they put a glass vase inside a Pelican case, then tossed it off a silo, but the same could be done with wrapping it in a couple pillows. I am not worried about the actual physical damage to the macbook casing, but rather the internals that may potentially get damaged. I already had my hard drive replaced after dropping my macbook flat on tile.

Just wondering how much can my macbook with stand.

[​IMG]

2. happle macrumors 6502a

Looks good :) and atleast now u know yu could atleaat drop your macbook while walking or from elbows height and it should be fine. Although some hard drives could still break is imagine.

If I was a business man and not in college is consider one for myself. Does it have another compartment for papers and what not or no?

3. Tubig thread starter macrumors newbie

I am a college student, and can be a little rough with my things. I really just wanted a Pelican case, and this was the only reasonable reason to get one. They have the other models 1470 CC1 and CC2 and the bigger 1490 in the same configurations. I haven't brought it to class yet, but I'm pretty sure I am going to get some weird looks for a while.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

For my job we use Pelicans to carry much more delicate equipment than portable computers. It'll be more than enough for day-to-day bumps.

5. happle macrumors 6502a

yeah well it depends on your style. i have many friends that could pull off a briefcase and not get weird looks. thats whats great about college so many different people and styles. personally i would look like a weirdo with a briefcase because i have a very casual skaterish style...considering i skateboard, snowboard, race motocross, and i produce dubstep music. so a briefcaseish carrying case would really look weird on me haha.

but nice blackbook btw too. looks like you take good care of her. i love seeing mint older macs still being sported with upgraded ram/drives. good to see our computers can be used for a while unlike most windows based.