Penalty if I switch FROM iPhone 3g to a Blackberry?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nomadpass, Oct 21, 2008.

1. nomadpass macrumors member

Hey, I thought I would like the iphone 3g but i hate the keyboard. Will there be a penalty if I switch to a blackberry?

2. The Governor macrumors regular

no penalty, unless you cancel your contract. You will also have to pay full retail for the blackberry, unless you plan on switiching carriers

3. JeffPom macrumors newbie

How long ago did you buy the iphone?

If you're inside 30 days... you should be able to return it. You'll pay a 10% restocking fee, but that will allow you to NOT pay full price on the BlackBerry.

Your other option is to pay full price on the BlackBerry, and sell the iPhone.

4. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

3 months into my 3G and I really want a Curve.

I had to take out an additional contract at £35 a month as O2 wouldn't let me buy the handset outright and add the BlackBerry plan for £10 a month like they do on all their other tariffs.

Apparently the iPhone is on a 'specific' iPhone-only tariff.

5. Marky_Mark macrumors 6502a

Marky_Mark

Believe me, you really don't want a Curve. It's ***** - horrible monotype fonts, crappy mobile browser, menus with random item placings and a slow clunky OS. You will really feel like you're slumming it after owning an iPhone for three months. I know, I have both (the Curve is my work phone and no choice of mine, I can assure you).

6. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I did this last week! I bought a Curve 8310 and I have to say it is one of the nest phones that I have ever owned. I love all the dozend of features that the iPhone lacks, such as the ability to create picture folders and folders for apps, copy and paste, ability to delete a single call from the log, missed call/sms/email indicator, real turn by turn GPS with Garmin Mobile, custom MMS/SMS tones, replaceable battery and many more things I can't remember for now.

The only thing you will miss is the browser. I am seriously loving my 8310.

When the Bold comes out, I;ll be cancelling the other iPhone as well.

The build quality is excellent.

7. ebrunn macrumors member

So say I want the Bold when it comes out and will be willing to pay full price for it. If I take my sim card out of my 3g iPhone and put it in my Bold, will I get full functionality out of the Bold? Full functionality as in Internet and email.

8. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Internet will work, email won't. You would need BlackBerry Internet Service for the email to work.