Pencil 2 Side Button and Gestures

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DNichter, Oct 28, 2018.

1. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

After some digging in 12.1 from Rambo and Troughton-Smith, it’s been revealed that the Pencil 2 will include a side button that also has gestures included. This should result in some pretty cool implementations, including changing brushes, contextual menus, and even a right click function, with potential for 3D Touch like features. I’m not a big user myself, but this sounds pretty cool and has a lot of potential for uses as Apple works to expand on the iPad’s functionality. I’m expecting a lot from this new iPad and iOS 13, can’t wait for a Tuesday. iPad reminds me of the early OS X days.

Attached Files:

2. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

wonder if we do get wireless charging via the keyboard connector.

3. Dave245 macrumors 604

Dave245

Really cool, I wonder if it’s like the Touch Bar in that the new Apple Pencil functions will change depending on what app you’re in, for example when in a drawing app it can change brush strokes but when in something like Photoshop it could be mapped to heal or erase.

4. DNichter thread starter macrumors G3

DNichter

Yup, that’s supposed to happen as well, but it’s different from the keyboard connector (that’s on the bottom when vertical now). The right side will have a magnetic charging area.

Attached Files:

5. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Sounds good to me. The one issue I have currently is no where to put the pencil. I plan to rock with new pro with smart keyboard and put it in a big sleeve but if the keyboard stores the pencil then will be ideal.

6. DNichter thread starter macrumors G3

DNichter

I would think so, or at least in future plans. There’s a ton of potential.

7. Dave245 macrumors 604

Dave245

If it happen’s and is announced at Tuesdays event, the new Apple Pencil is an instant buy for me.

8. lakerchick4life macrumors 6502a

I hope they announce a brand new smart keyboard, with backlit keys

9. Kiimora macrumors 6502a

Kiimora

10. DNichter thread starter macrumors G3

DNichter

I’d like this also, but a little nervous we haven’t seen anything about it.

11. lakerchick4life macrumors 6502a

Amazon has the ZUGU CASES which are nice but they don't have a keyboard(Only the one that comes with IOS) so it would be nice if Apple improved their keyboard case, I always had such difficulty typing on it just wasn't a fan of the keys if they were to improve it and add backlit I would buy it for sure

12. DNichter thread starter macrumors G3

DNichter

I’ve used mine for work since it came out and I got used to it pretty quickly. I’d love it to have a little room to breathe, improved feel, and backlit keys. There’s plenty to improve on.

13. lakerchick4life macrumors 6502a

Yeah if they could fix the feel of the keys that would be a great improvement. The keys on the apple keyboard til now I just didn't like. Was more of a hassle to type on than it was worth

14. Jimpilot macrumors 6502a

Jimpilot

Any experience with the ZUGU cases? I noticed they have one for an 11 inch iPad not yet available.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07H7VK...olid=100AL3Y3YHBFU&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

15. lakerchick4life macrumors 6502a

No experience in them but they sure do look nice, and the reviews on them are excellent. Would get one in purple if it comes out. Guess they know the 11 inch of the iPad Pro is coming since they already have this model case in production

16. Johnny365 macrumors 6502a

Johnny365

I have the 10.5 zugu case. It’s nice and thin and the magnets work well for holding the stand positions. You have to tolerate the folio style flap that’s always there though and no access to the smart connector, at least on the prior version

17. Seed101 macrumors 6502

Seed101

Looking good on the pencil front...be nice to get ‘the buttons’/increased functionality.