Pencil cannot swipe up too close applications

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Never mind, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Never mind macrumors 6502

Never mind

Just a small vent

I found it interesting for me at least, that for one reason or another, we cannot swipe up an application with the Apple pencil to close it, where as I can with a third party pencil I purchased from Amazon. What this does is illiminate the need to put my stupid oily finger on to the glass smudging it up. I wonder if Apple can fix this in a software update? Probably not.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BFXK8PI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2. Kate. macrumors regular

There's nothing to fix. It's designed that way so artists don't accidentally close out of an app while drawing. The Pencil is a tool more than a pointer so Apple gives it priority in this regard.

3. danmart macrumors 6502a

danmart

This sounds like a feature, not a bug. It makes it possible to draw on the full canvas with the pencil.

4. flur macrumors 68020

flur

Now only if we could make the darn home bar go away so we could see the full canvas.

5. Lobwedgephil macrumors 601

Lobwedgephil

I know the reasons why it doesn't, still wish it did though.

6. danmart macrumors 6502a

danmart

I think the home bar will go away in a year or two once the majority of users have been using this interface for a chunk of time. It will no longer be ‘essential’ at that point.

7. flur macrumors 68020

flur

I don’t know if that’s true, as there will always be people who are new to Apple devices and who won’t know what to do, but there should be an option to get rid of it, and they need to implement that yesterday.

8. Never mind thread starter macrumors 6502

Never mind

Yeah, it’s an Apple thing, not a bug, but I certainly wish they would give us the option. ;)

9. SnacksGU macrumors 6502

SnacksGU

I would use it for closing apps. But Apple isnt bound to give us options. O well.

10. garyrh66 macrumors newbie

garyrh66

Needs to be an option in settings to allow to close apps with the pencil and that will solve the problem.