Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

subjonas

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 10, 2014
DISREGARD. I figured out it was because zoom was turned on in iOS. Ha

Is anybody else noticing really strange Pencil line behavior when your palm is touching the screen? Lines are sometimes lagging heavily, sometimes showing up dotted instead of solid, and sometimes disappearing. It’s not usable. Seems to work fine if I don’t touch the screen with my palm. This only started happening for me after updating to iOS 11. It happens in both Apple Notes and Procreate. Am I the only one?

Edit- It particularly happens when I’m drawing fast.

Last edited:

stlredbird

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2009
Is anybody else noticing really strange Pencil line behavior when your palm is touching the screen? Lines are sometimes lagging heavily, sometimes showing up dotted instead of solid, and sometimes disappearing. It’s not usable. Seems to work fine if I don’t touch the screen with my palm. This only started happening for me after updating to iOS 11. It happens in both Apple Notes and Procreate. Am I the only one?

Edit- It particularly happens when I’m drawing fast.

It happened to me when i was sketching in procreate. Then i updated procreate and it hasnt happened since but ive only painted since, no sketching.

But its not just you, i know there at least a couple other topics on this.

subjonas

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 10, 2014
It happened to me when i was sketching in procreate. Then i updated procreate and it hasnt happened since but ive only painted since, no sketching.

But its not just you, i know there at least a couple other topics on this.

Interesting. I realized in my case it was because zoom was turned on in iOS. It’s back to normal now that I turned it off. I wonder if others figured out what their issue was.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.