iPad Pro Pencil mount for iPad Pro

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AliMacs, Mar 10, 2016.

1. AliMacs macrumors 6502

I spent a lot of time figuring out what to do with this apple pencil. Where to put this pencil because it tends to roll off my table frequently and I can't store it anywhere since it's not magnetic/not strong enough magnetically.

So I took a super magnet which is the thickness of a nickel and a bit and because we have 4 speakers on the iPad pro, the speakers are magnets too! I stuck it on the speaker and it holds the pencil firmly in place and doesn't fall off unless you shake the iPad pro with vigorous force.

Hope this helps some folks out!

[​IMG]

2. off_piste macrumors 6502a

Any chance that affects your speaker's magnet and speaker performance?

3. AliMacs thread starter macrumors 6502

I tested the speaker and ZERO performance degradation nor any sounds of distortion. But I just don't like a piece of magnet sticking out just not apple-like style. I just don't understand how sir Ives can make something like this not work out with an iPad. I mean look at the surface pro 4 it can attach to the tablet itself. This is just annoying problem I shouldn't have to deal with to begin with! Adding salt to that wound I had to pay $99+tax for this pencil!

Note: this hack job only would be intuitive in landscape mode. The pencil is so stupid the only area where the magnet will attach is near the cap area. So you are left with a pencil that can only be held by the end tip and it won't work well in portrait mode. I am looking to see if I can get a pen holder (those rubber pen/pencil holds you slide your pen/pencil thru) - and glue it to back cover case on my iPad pro. This will definitely solve it all. Right now it's better than having my pencil roll around my table, etc.

4. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Loving my magnet that just arrived today [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. temna macrumors 6502a

temna

I just went to the Microsoft store and bought that little tape on pen loop for the Surface line. Works great.

6. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

I just took a pen clip off an actual pen and when I need to, I just slip it onto the Pencil. When I'm on the move I just clip it to the thinnest bit of the Smart Keyboard.

I used a clear plastic clip so that it doesn't detract from the Pencils design too much when it's in use and I've got a screen protector on so no worries about scratches.

Though I'm not fussed for having it attached when I'm using the iPad, I just sit it on the desk, or on the back of the keyboard. I just feel a little more secure using the clip, I worry that with a magnet the Pencil could just drop off without me noticing.

7. username: macrumors 6502a

I cringed reading this. Does your mummy still make you breakfast?
    Also the pencil doesn't roll around on the table it is weighted to not Roll around

8. AliMacs thread starter macrumors 6502

Looks awesome what is this contraption called?!

9. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

10. artfossil macrumors 6502a

artfossil

And, the cap for the Pencil will stick to the side of the Moxiware sleeve while the Pencil is charging. This is great for those of us who "misplace" things. :cool:

11. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

I bought two for balance

12. eltoslightfoot macrumors regular

eltoslightfoot

13. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

[​IMG][​IMG]

No more losing your cap when charging