Pencil on the iPad Pro has some 'drag'

Discussion in 'iPad' started by GizmoDVD, Mar 15, 2018.

1. GizmoDVD macrumors 68000

Hello -

I recently purchased a new 12.9 second gen model and opted not to put on a screen protector.

After using it for a short time with my finger and pencil I noticed some drag (using the pencil). Once I cleaned my screen it was good. I replaced my pencil tip since its the original one from the initial launch but it still happens.

clearly a screen protector IS the solution...but anyone else doing it without?

2. DoubleFlyaway macrumors 6502a

DoubleFlyaway

I don’t use one. I think usually people have the opposite complaint— that there isn’t enough drag, and some people get a screen protector with more drag, to simulate the feel of paper.

I write/draw on a whiteboard for online teaching, and the feel doesn’t bother me. Maybe it would be different if I were an artist, instead of diagramming logic problems.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Your iPad screen was dirty thus causing drag with the pencil. You cleaned the screen and the drag was gone. Why then do you feel that a screen protector is the answer? A dirty screen protector is going to produce drag just like a dirty screen.

Save your money and keep your iPad screen clean.

5. Royksöpp macrumors 6502a

Royksöpp

I actually prefer how a screen protector feels against the Pencil. If the naked glass continues to bother you than give a screen protector a try!

6. subjonas macrumors 68000

I can’t get enough drag for the pencil! Feels like drawing on ice. I find it more slippery as grease accumulates on the screen—opposite of you for some reason. I’d love to get a closer to paper feel, like a Cintiq (etched glass with hard felt pen tip). Matte screen protector on the iPP helps but not enough. Also a bummer it trades off some screen clarity.