Pencils online @ Best Buy

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Steve686, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

I just ordered a second pencil online at Best Buy.

Will,be delivered tomorrow with express shipping.

Total was $127.

2. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

Apple must have just gotten a big batch of iPad accessories out to retailers.

3. Cory Bauer macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the heads up! Placed an order; if it actually ships I'll cancel my Apple order that's only 3 of 5 weeks along...

4. Steve686 thread starter macrumors 68030

Steve686

No prob.

I hate starting redundant threads, but I know how many people are dying to know the instant they are available.

There should be stickies for items in such low supply, high demand, that we can check for status changes.

Mods.......?

5. MFDoom macrumors member

I was able to secure a keyboard and a pencil from Best Buy. Unfortunately I fear my better half will be stealing my keyboard for her PRO.

6. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I ordered a second one too. I don't know why, but I feel like I need to have a "spare" Pencil just in case.

7. Steve686 thread starter macrumors 68030

Steve686

It's just one of those things I feel is gonna disappear one day.

Also, an extra charging adapter and tips is a good thing to have considering they are not separately available yet.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 5, 2016 ---
    Still available as of this post.

Longest duration I've seen yet for availability.

8. kenrobin macrumors regular

I first saw the IPP a few weeks ago at the Apple Store in Walnut Creek, CA. One of the store employees told me that they used to have Pencils next to the IPPs that were out on display but the Pencils managed to "walk away". A few days later I was at another Apple Store in Pleasanton & I was stunned to see several Pencils on display I can't believe Apple would leave the Pencils out untethered but I guess locking them down would be very "un Apple".

A few days later I ordered an IPP from SamsClub.com (received yesterday). The next day day I decided that I wanted the Pencil too & fortunately Sam's had them online too. My Pencil will arrive tomorrow.

9. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

The demo Pencils are walking away because Apple has virtually none available for sale. Out of stock in 8 Apple Stores within 45 miles of me.

10. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

I have yet to see pencils in stock near me. Thankfully I was able to snag a pencil from the Marketplace here.

11. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

I don't understand how months after the IPP launch the pencil still shows a month wait to ship. The IPP, however, can be had same day.

12. hamiltonrwatch macrumors regular

hamiltonrwatch

This has been a 55 gallon drum of monkey coitus. I was in Cincinnati over the New Year and walked into an Apple store on a whim to check availability. The salespersons demo was flawless and he pontificated at some length about how wonderful this accessory was. However, when queried about stock...:D

22ae6f3312ab69ffd4f313d89d436eed.1000x1000x1.jpg

13. MFDoom macrumors member

Cincy is my hometown. That Apple Store never seems to have what I want in stock.

14. Steve686 thread starter macrumors 68030

Steve686

Pencils and Smart keyboards have dropped by a week direct shipping from Apple online.

2-3 for the Pencil and 3-4 for the keyboard.

15. masotime macrumors 68000

masotime

By the time there is wide availability of the Pencil and Keyboard, I bet they'll announce the iPad Pro 2, Apple Pencil 2 and Smart Keyboard 2 :D:p