Penn State University Park?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by prodigee, Jan 19, 2010.

1. prodigee macrumors 6502a

Does anyone here go to PSU EDIT: University Park? See my last post for new info.

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

No help for you, but I have a question for you...

Is University Park like a suburb of State College? Or is it just the University campus, and has its own zip code? When the football team is on TV, the announcers say they're in State College.

(I think Notre Dame, Indiana might be similar.)

3. prodigee thread starter macrumors 6502a

State College is the town, University Park is what they call the campus. A lot of college's do this, its a pretty common thing.

4. Str8edgepunker macrumors 6502

I live pretty close by in Jenkintown. I've been on the campus a few times over the years and even took an SAT prep course there, when I was a lot younger. :D I never went there for college though as I went to Temple University. Did you want to know anything about the area or just about the Abington campus?

Oddly enough, when I was first looking at colleges I got turned down at Abington, but I was accepted to the Delaware county campus. Go figure.

5. prodigee thread starter macrumors 6502a

I guess info about the area is really what I am looking for. So yeah if you have any info about the area that would be cool.:D

6. prodigee thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well I just found out that the admissions people made a mistake and I actually got into the University Park campus, so with that said. What are your opinions of the campus and the area around it? I have visited the campus and I personally loved what I saw, but I was only there for a tour, so I didn't really get to explore that much.

I'm SO EXCITED!