penryn and nehalem?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jeffuwee, Sep 2, 2008.

1. jeffuwee macrumors member

jeffuwee

hello. i just finished reading about the penryn chip and the nehalem chip. and i was wondering whether or not in next alleged mbp update (sept 6?) that the nehalem chip would be installed. and another question was what's the big difference? im pretty ignorant about this kind of stuff. i searched the forums and there weren't any real clear answers. thank you.

2. rolex54 macrumors 6502

3. CWallace macrumors 601

CWallace

Mobile processors using the Nehalem microarchitecture are not due until mid-2009 at the earliest.

4. jeffuwee thread starter macrumors member

jeffuwee

ah i see. even though i don't understand most of the technical jargon i can sort of glean what it means. pretty much (like all technical updates) it'll be faster, more energy efficient, and more powerful. which is as much as i can understand :p but thanks for the clarification anyways. and thank cwallace for that bit of info also. hopefully after i buy my mbp in a few weeks after the alleged update (sept 6?) i won't have to rush out a month later to buy a new one with a new chip set. thanks.

5. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Honest to God, this is what I don't understand...
    No offence, but even if it did come out why would you "have" to run out and get it just because its released? Honestly, I'm just curious what you use your laptop for? Its obviously not the tech field as you mentioned. Seriously, is it just a desire to have the latest/greatest or is there a practical reason?