Penryn being released January 6th?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by capitanbuzo, Dec 5, 2007.

1. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

According to dailytech, the mobile Penryns will be released just in time for MWSF. I have heard in the past that Apple has gotten the processors earlier than the others so it might be likely that we may see a Penryn MBP for January.

2. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

I hope this is the case and that :apple: has enough of them to have availability of new MBP's at the time of announcement. :)

3. joegomolski macrumors 6502

joegomolski

Penryn being released January 6th?

When the MacBook Pro was announced, at MacWorld 2006, it was announced, and not available.

I ordered mine at MacWorld, within hours of it's announcement.

Mine was delivered a month later.

At least you'll have something to dream about.

4. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

Wholly Cow your Patient I could never wait that long for my computer.

5. aiterum macrumors 6502

aiterum

the difference between a processor updgrade and entirely new unit I think would be just a little bit different

6. Josheua macrumors regular

Rumor-mill has it that apple has received or will be receiving soon shipments of mobile these new mobile penryn's. As such, they should have early batches and products off the line prior too or at the announcement date. Meaning they should reach stores before Macworld so we could see announcement sale turnarounds that accompanied the aluminum iMac. That is the hope at least. I also agree that there is a HUGE difference between a major hardware change (such as powerPC to intel chips that accompanied the switch in 2006) to a speed-bump/minor redesign that we should expect in 2008. Not to mention apple might already have cases under construction w/ hardware prepared sans that chips. Just things to consider before forecasting the worst case scenario.

-Josh :apple:

7. capitanbuzo thread starter macrumors 65816

I've been waiting to switch for a while and I can wait the extra month. I might have an extra wait anyways for opting to have a 7200 RPM HDD put into it.