Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raymondu999

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
Hi all. I need to get Windows running via BootCamp on my MacBook Pro. In my case, virtualization is not an option. Problem is, I only have my Leopard disc, which, as some of you know, doesn't have drivers that work with the Penryn MacBook Pro. Does anyone have the grey Mac OS X Install Disc that came with their Penryn MacBook Pro? Can they rip out the drivers and post them online somewhere? I have my discs, but they're in Singapore, and I'll only have access to them again on Monday.

@mods: Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, if it should be in "Windows on the Mac" please move it accordingly.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Actually the Leopard disc does have the drivers. Just be sure to download the update from here (select your corresponding version if Windows) and install them after you install the drivers from the DVD.

raymondu999

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
Actually, since we have the same model (save for screen size), do you mind ripping the drivers iso off from your install disc?:D

raymondu999

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
Or perhaps someone else who also has the Penryn MacBook Pro, could you post your drivers iso? I mean, it's not like it's piracy or anything:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.