Penryn BootCamp drivers

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by raymondu999, Oct 8, 2008.

1. raymondu999 macrumors 65816

Hi all. I need to get Windows running via BootCamp on my MacBook Pro. In my case, virtualization is not an option. Problem is, I only have my Leopard disc, which, as some of you know, doesn't have drivers that work with the Penryn MacBook Pro. Does anyone have the grey Mac OS X Install Disc that came with their Penryn MacBook Pro? Can they rip out the drivers and post them online somewhere? I have my discs, but they're in Singapore, and I'll only have access to them again on Monday.

@mods: Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, if it should be in "Windows on the Mac" please move it accordingly.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Actually the Leopard disc does have the drivers. Just be sure to download the update from here (select your corresponding version if Windows) and install them after you install the drivers from the DVD.

3. raymondu999 thread starter macrumors 65816

Not for Penryn, actually. The Leopard disc causes BSoD.

4. raymondu999 thread starter macrumors 65816

Actually, since we have the same model (save for screen size), do you mind ripping the drivers iso off from your install disc?:D

5. raymondu999 thread starter macrumors 65816

Or perhaps someone else who also has the Penryn MacBook Pro, could you post your drivers iso? I mean, it's not like it's piracy or anything:(