Penryn has came

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AustinDing, Nov 12, 2007.

1. AustinDing macrumors newbie

Intel released the 45nm Penry Xeon CPU today.And it is reported that the version for NB is gonna be out the first season next year.I believe that the new MBP must be a Penry one.But as the Macworld is on Jan 15th I think it can not be out in Macworld.

2. Josheua macrumors regular

Intel's Roadmap shows that the notebook versions Apple will be most likey to use in the MBP will be out in time for Macworld. I would be VERY suprised not to see a bump to Penryn when Jobs steps onto the stage in 2008 seing as the gap between the MB and the MBP has gotten even tighter.

3. Bearxor macrumors 6502a

It would not be completely unusual for Apple to announce the new processor and say that it's shipping in the beginning of February.

4. Josheua macrumors regular

Though Apple has, recently (as is being discussed in other forums), having stock in the day of announcement for new products. This included the new iMac, iPod Classic and Nano (the iPod touch was an different becuase of screen shortages, I believe), and the updated macbook (which did have minor design differences so cannot use the fact that it was just different hardware in the same case as an excuse for its quick release). This leads me to say it is still very possible that the MBP will be in the store come January 15th.

5. marclapierre13 macrumors 6502a

marclapierre13

Ohhh, penryn in MBPs...

"FS: 2.2GHZ 15.4" MBP" lol.

Im wondering how much faster they will actually be. It seems like just yesterday they put in intel chips.(though they were behind the rest of the market at the time when they installed them, intel chips had been in laptops for a while).

I hope they do it, it would be nice to see them keeping up with the recent technology, and not delay it a year or 2 after its released.

6. OdduWon macrumors 6502a

OdduWon

This could signal that the simple speed bump revisions are ending. We may get a MBP redesign since we will have to wait for it to ship Like the Xserve/shuffle delay last october. Most likley see MP/XS updates and "Future products" @ Macworld.

7. Bearxor macrumors 6502a

Indeed. Apple has done an awesome job as of late of selling the products the day they are announced. I would fully expect them to have stock of new MBP's on the day of the announcement IF...

Intel isn't lagging behind on shipments. Thats the big wild card there. It's not like Apple has Intel all to themselves like they did with IBM.

That's why I'm suggesting that IF there is a shortage it just wouldn't be unusual for Stevie to announce it at MacWorld and then ship it when they get enough volume in.

8. Josheua macrumors regular

Seriously. If there is a shortage of processors we all know Steve Jobs will use his secret forces of ninjas he picked up on his soul search in Asia during the 70's to steal shipments from companies that have them. Come on man, this has been Apple policy, heck Apple law, since day one. :D