Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ecosse011172

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2005
I have several of the known display problems (Vertical striping which disappear after a display reset, embedded video playback flicker and the corruption of text when scrolling). These problems are all intermittent, seemingly known by Apple but two software updates have came and went with no news.

Does anyone know what the situation is?

lordthistle

macrumors 6502
Feb 29, 2008
Italy
I have the same defects: graphics corruption is software for sure. For the stripes I can tell you my story.

I had the stripes. I took my MBP in for service. Screen was exchanged. Stripes reappered and the screen was a nightmare. I took it back to the service centre for having a new screen.

They did not know what to do for the stripes, so they called apple. The answer was that they are obviously aware of the problem, but they DO NOT KNOW how to fix it. With their current knowledge, it might be both hardware and firmware. But they promised they will fix it :)

Now I have a third screen and I am sure I will see the stripes quite soon.

thistle

akm3

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2007
My cousins new Penryn Macbook Pro has this same issue, Apple Geniuses will officially deny the problem. Apple has not officially acknowledged it, although there are many reports of people having these issues.

My cousin's computer gets the weird graphic corruption when scrolling in Safari or Mail, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.