penryn mbp cd drive noise?? is this normal?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DJJONES, Mar 20, 2008.

1. DJJONES macrumors 6502

i have a new macbookpro basemodel penryn and i notice when i put cds in its makes a sqeeking noise like almost like if a chicken is in my cd drive lol the cds play fine no problems but does your macbook cd drive make that noise????

if it does what does it sound like? i kno cd drives make like a fan noise but this one is almost like a weird errereeeeeggg then fan comes on it ususally happens when the cd goes in.

this happens with every cd and its not something that has come and go either.

i brought it to the apple store they said it was normal but u couldnt even hear anything due to the fact that there was so much noise around us so i said ok lol what else could i say

the service was actually like a joke because it just seemed like they just wanted to tell me it was ok so i could leave didnt like that but theres nothing i can do.

ill make a video of it and upload it i dont think this noise is normal!!!!!!!

im using atnt wifi for free at a starbucks in the mall pretty cool i thought u had to pay for it lol.

thanks guys!!!

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

What do you mean does make noise? If you mean does it sound like a when you shove a tape into a VHS then yes.

3. machspeed5 macrumors member

check out apple support for the MBPs they have audio .aiffs you can listen to a multitude of normal drive operation! just thought id point that out since i checked it out a few days ago with drive problems of my own! ;) gl

4. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

Ya the geniuses are really useless, and that actually annoys me alot because you know theres something wrong with your computer and they always say "its within spec."

5. DJJONES thread starter macrumors 6502

wow thanks bro that really gonna help imma check it out. THOSE GENIUSES ARE ****ING IDIOTS BASTARDS!!!!!!!!

6. DJJONES thread starter macrumors 6502

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=305478

thats the link for the cd drive sounds lol.

well it turns out my cd drive noise is normal but i would say wow the noise really sounds bad never expected it from a 2000 dollar laptop
    ive seen dj sets that cost 700 dollars and have cd drives that that take cds the same way and dont even make that kind of noise

i kno there both not the same thing but still something that very comparable.

thanks for the help boss!!!