penryn mbp temp while using toast 9 [pic]

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ucsdmac, Apr 8, 2008.

1. ucsdmac macrumors 6502

ucsdmac

I used Toast Titanium 9 for the first time today to burn 1 DVD.. and heres my temp

[​IMG]

This is the hottest its ever been.. i can even feel it on the top of my keyboard (usually its only hot around the left speaker area). I know the mbp tends to get hot while using heavy apps, so i guess I shouldnt be too worried. Just thought I would share.:eek:

2. astrosyt macrumors member

hot? i dont think so. I get sometimes 90-100 temps on high cpu performance.

3. zaney macrumors regular

Mine never gets above 69ºC, no matter what I'm doing (encoding video, compiling, photoshop filters), but I think I've been lucky with mine, I can run it for a few hours, and the enclosure bottom temperature will still only be 30ºC, which is colder than my lap!
    When I had my MacBook, temperatures of about 85ºC were normal, the fans will spin up, it'll deal with it. Not a problem. It's temperatures of 90ºC+ that you need to worry about.

4. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

When I post movies up to Youtube through iMovie...my temps get up to about 190F (88C)

5. chrisbeebops macrumors regular

That would be iStats Pro.
    www.islayer.com

Looks like you have some run-away process or Toast isn't working correctly. Toast should not be using 100% cpu to burn a DVD...

6. a4abt macrumors regular

While the temp you posted isn't alarming, I think it's kind of high. My "non-penryn" MBP reaches ~55C when burning a 4gb DVD. I was under the impression the penryn MBP were cooler :confused:

7. DJAKO macrumors 6502a

Where do you see 100%? I see 75% user and only 11% system. Those percentages don't seem to bad to me, if it was 75% system, then I'd say maybe something is up.

8. ucsdmac thread starter macrumors 6502

ucsdmac

that actually make a bit sense, because toast 9 kept hanging on me at 99% and i have to force quit it every time. Can anyone give me a quick advice or should i try to application forum. Thanks

9. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

dont worry about it...

that is a pretty average temp for daily use!

edit: but you are most likely in Celsius... in which case I still wouldnt be too concerned!

Attached Files: