Penryn MBP, XP, Monitor issues.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DachWuff, Apr 18, 2008.

1. DachWuff macrumors newbie

Before you ask, yes I searched for a good hour of threads and had no luck.

I recently purchased a new MBP wth the multi touch, penryn processor, nvidia graphics etc.

I'm running BootCamp to load into Windows XP SP2 for office work and originally it was unable to process 2 different screen formats so I had the office install a 20in wide screen monitor so the display would appear correctly in clone view. The extended desktop does not work as it can only run the MBP as the primary and a monitor as secondary.
    Here is the main issue.
    Every time I unplug and re plug in the monitor, it never recognizes/enables it. Every time I have to open the NVIDIA panel and select Clone/Dual View and cilck apply.
    So I'm wondering,is there a shortcut key to enable the monitor, or a way to make it automatically engage once the monitor is connected? This is not horrible, but it is getting redundant as I'm often going away from the desk and back with the machine, and well you get the idea. On my old mac I believe it was F7 with/without the FN key depending on preference. And this does not seem to work on the new system. And it seems NVIDA took way the hot key editor in the new control panel.
    Any help on a short cut to enable a monitor for desk/presentations would be greatly appreciated.

I tried new drivers direct from Mac, it wared me these are older than my current, and they did not give any added functionality and i re-installed the 'newer' drivers of the bootcamp setup. Still no luck obviously.

2. DachWuff thread starter macrumors newbie

Bump?

I know it's a long shot but I really need some help with this. It's not my personal machine, it's a user machines. One of those execs that needs to do as little steps as possible to get the machine working.

Thanks.