Penryn tempratures

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wrxpert, Feb 28, 2008.

1. wrxpert macrumors member

I am just curious how these new lappy's are doing on running temps. Thanks.

2. PDE macrumors 68020

I'm curious too. When I was checking them out at the store today, they were all running very cool (I felt them underneath and on top after lots of people had been using them) compared to what I've experienced on the SR MBPs, but I'd like to know if that was just a coincidence, or if there really has been a noticeable reduction in heat with the new chip?

3. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

4. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

How can they compare a core duo(yonah) vs. the core 2 duo (penryn)?? I remember owning the 2.16ghz core duo's and was *ucking hot compared to the sr mbp. I wouldnt be surprised if you sold the sr mbp thinking that the penryn would be alot cooler and find out that its just a tad bit cooler at the peak of taxing the machine.

But it was interesting in the review about the guy saying that the penryn was a bit faster but also generated alot more heat.

5. AzCat21 macrumors newbie

Base 2.4 model resting on my lap right now ... 2+ hrs and...

... as a former (until this past Tuesday) Windows laptop user, I can't believe how cool and QUIET this machine is (not to mention, fast). I'm a long time Mac user (iMac), but this is my first Mac notebook. It's amazing ... I can't believe I waiting this long.

Definitely cool. Very, very cool.

6. honeycrisp macrumors regular

This is really cool to hear about. Makes me want one!