Penultimate vs GoodNotes for iPad Pro + Pencil

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by nalbagli, Dec 27, 2015.

1. nalbagli macrumors 6502

I have been searching for the best note taking app for my iPad pro and I've tried all the most popular options, I just love the expierence on the default notes app, but the fact that I cant use any types of lined or squared pages is a deal breaker for me.
    I have also read a lot in this forum and I believe most people here name Notability or GoodNotes as the best alternatives. For me the two best alternatives have been GoodNotes but also another one that for some reason no one even mentions and that is Penultimate, so I created this thread becuase I would like to know what do you think is the best alternative for note taking with the new Apple Pencil? Every feedback woul be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. lexvo macrumors 65816

I like Notability best for typed notes, but I find the handwriting in Notability OK but not special. Handwriting in GoodNotes is much better in my opinion.
    However, I find the handwriting in Noteshelf even better than GoodNotes, though not by a large margin. I think GoodNotes and Noteshelf are the best handwriting apps. I don't have experience with Penultimate.