People a bit to anal over the phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by maddog91, Nov 16, 2011.

1. maddog91 macrumors regular

Im talking the the term of cases.

I see it this way,I'm 22 and pay for my bills. The phone came from my pocket the plan comes from ym pocket so i value and cherish the phone as anyone should. But since the day i bought I bought 2 cases and ended up returning one and the only reason I'm keeping the other is because its the life proof case that will come in handy when i go scuba dive,paintball ect.. But other than that, back screen protector and no case on my phone. I have yet to drop the phone. Im aware when the phone is around and i just stop worrying and more enjoy the phone.

Anyone else feel people are taking this to far? I mean,I'm considering getting a bumper because a one time is enough to ruin the phone but i have gone full month and no issues...

2. nutritions macrumors newbie

I agree with u but what can we say its getting more and more tough to get ri of this suoerbe creation of technologie

3. hizzaah macrumors 6502

Some people are just that clumsy.. I tend to set my phone on the side of my bed, the next thing I know the gf wants to fool around and I forget about the phone. It usually falls off onto the floor. That's why I use a case..

I also have a few aluminum bumpers and backplates, but those are just for looks when I'm showing the phone off

4. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

Because accidents happen. I use the phone naked inside the house, and put on a case when I go out. The one time I took it to work naked it dropped on the tile floor and chipped a bit of the back corner. Thankfully the backplate is only $29 to replace at the Apple Store.

Besides, whats it to you what other people do with their phones? I say if you wanna cover it up all the time then do it, its a glass phone. And if your bored and wanna use it to play monkey in the middle with 2 friends then so be it.

5. naths macrumors 6502

got nothing on my phones,its only a phone!...not a child!!!,got insurance if i drop it..so what if its scratched its only a bit of plastic..glass or whatever its made of....

6. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

I'm using back protector plus lucky labs skin for the antenna atm. It's good, shows off the beauty of the iPhone. (White). But I just ordered an SGP linear white to protect from dirt...

7. ZipZap macrumors 601

You're new so here is a friendly suggestion......proof read your posts before you submit.

8. TheiPhoneChick macrumors 6502

TheiPhoneChick

You've only had the phone a month, :rolleyes: please give it some time, you are bound to drop it at least once and if you plan on keeping the phone for 2 years you might think differently. It has to last! Also for people who have kids and pets, cases are a must for most because there is that extra what if in their life.

It only takes one time to have that fall that totally cracks the screen.

9. HeatherA macrumors 6502

HeatherA

I've used a case as long as I've had my iPhones. Mostly because there's so many to choose from and they show off my personality a bit. I like girlie colors and designs. I worry less about protection and more about expression ;-)

10. dthree36 macrumors regular

I Personally hate cases because I love the size and feel of a naked phone. My problem is that I WILL inevitably drop my phone. I went nearly a month with just a skin on the back and scree protector. Well... I was walking and not sure what happened but I dropped my phone. I have a small crack in the back now... nothing major but its there now.

I dropped the phone a second time... not really my fault but it was during a marathon and it somehow cam out of my tune belt. Accidents happen no matter how careful you try to be. I will just buy an OEM back panel to fix my mistake but I agree... to many cases. I find it strange that a phone so slim requires a case twice its size for protection.

11. Edge1978 macrumors 6502

oh I KNOW I am anal over my phone LOL Complete OCD I have a case and screen protector on it 24/7.

I remember when I got my first iPhone (3G) and before I was able to pick up a case I would leave the phone on a napkin just so it doesn't get dirty....OCD ;):D

12. sheltem macrumors member

I think the babying of the iphone 4/4s is highly justified. While I absolutely love the form of my iphone 4s, it's design is an absolute bust from a durability standpoint; Squaretrade can back me up.

13. stickybuns macrumors 6502

Why do I have a case? Rewind to two weekends ago. Out in the backyard with the family. Look over to see my 3 1/2 year old being very quiet (never a good sign).

"Whatcha doing, Pumpkin? Digging? Oh, that's ni-- OMG!!!!!! Is that my iPod?!?!?!?!???!!!!!!!"

Otterbox Defender case did a fine job keeping the Touch safe and sound. No dirt in the ports or anywhere else.

Kiddo isn't allowed to play with my iPhone since I don't want her accidentally calling random people, but the Touch has tons of kids games on it. She apparently decided that it is a truly multipurpose toy.

But enough about the iPod. I have a case on my iPhone because, yes, I really am that big of a klutz

14. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I'd rather be safe than sorry is my motto. I remember when I got the iPhone 4 last June and dropped it on the concrete and luckily I had a case on it to catch the abuse. The phone is too slippery without a case IMO.

15. solo118 macrumors 65816

I hear ya, and you are 22 so you might not be married but think of your wife throwing a "naked" phone into her bag with keys, wallet, lipsticks, etc etc and you would be anal too since you are paying for it!! I got my wife some Kate Spade case + screen protection...it was worth the peace of mind.

Personally, I put a very slim case (incipio feather) because I really think it adds grip to the phone. I feel the iphone is a bit slippery and if it falls its a costly mistake. I have dropped my old ip4 a few times and the case did a great job of keeping my phone safe!