people actually love the new macbooks!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ibrainch, Oct 20, 2008.

1. ibrainch macrumors regular

Ok, I know there have been a lot of complaints and whining about glossy screens and no firewire, but I bought the new macbook on friday and absolutely love it (more than my previous macbook pro)! and, everyone who has seen it at work is mesmerized by it. i even had one PC/IT guy say that he loves his iphone so much that he is thinking about buying a new macbook. moreover, i was just on craigslist and there are tons of old macbooks and macbook pros on sale for really cheap prices - this is just an educated guess, but i really think all of you mac fanboys are dying to buy the new macbook/pro despite all the bitching and moaning. anyone else agree?

2. arthursiew macrumors 6502

arthursiew

I already bought mine. When I got it, a lot of people came around me and looked at it. A few of them that were looking at it went to an Apple Employee and bought one. I just think that the new computers are awesome.

3. Tummy macrumors regular

Yes, they look and feel very impressive. I hope that people are as satisfied after the initial infatuation.

4. eldervovichka macrumors regular

I just got mine in the mail today. I have no problems so far. It sits evenly and the track pad is even. I love it !!!

Jeff

5. timestoby macrumors 6502

of course people would love them,they look cool. and people should have gotten used to the glossy screens from past glossy screens on the white and blackbooks.

6. 11800506 macrumors 65816

It also should be noted that people are more likely to complain than to praise so what you see on these forums isn't necessarily a good indicator of whether or not they are liked in general. I do love the looks of them though!

7. eifer macrumors regular

i'm very impressed with the new macbooks.. I was a little worried after hearing people complaining about the price (maybe a legit complaint) viewing angles etc. but after playing around with them at the local apple store, i think they are fantastic machines.

8. Your5335 macrumors member

My gosh this computer has been a really joy for me! I don't know why people are complaining about the loss of the Firewire and about the screens, the Firewire I have never used even in fact I don't own a device that uses Firewire and the screen is bright enough that the glare isn't a problem. Apple did a great job in the decisions they made for this laptop.

9. psxp macrumors regular

I sold my Late 2007 model on Saturday and picked up the new 2.4Ghz one this afternoon at lunchtime :)

The machine felt really nice and solid when I first picked it up.

10. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

I was at the Apple Store today to check them out - wow, what a nice machine. Will miss the FW, and love the backlit keyboard (but it's only on the expensive model).

Will pick one up in a year or so when/if they add FW back in and put the backlit keyboard on all models.

Nice job, as always, Apple!

11. christiemp macrumors regular

christiemp

Yeah I keep the vultures who want to touch it away with a sharp stick ;)

And I have to keep the lookers away too, the drool won't keep my new backlit keyboard looking pretty I don't think ;)

12. MacLadybug macrumors 6502a

MacLadybug

I was nervous. Afraid that eventually quality control would fall off, products would cheapen and before you know it , it would be like everything else. But I agree... these Macbooks are more solid, have better components and really what they delivered were Macbook Pros, only smaller, lighter, and less expensive. I'm very happy. Oh and they under promised and over delivered when I ordered my MB. I placed my order Tuesday (same day as the keynote) late afternoon with the upgraded components. They said it would ship out on Friday and I'd receive it perhaps by the following Wednesday. I received it on Friday... what a surprise. I have absolutely no complaints.

13. sjc83 macrumors 6502

sjc83

14. zotes24 macrumors regular

zotes24

simply put Amazing machine, Amazing Look, with Amazing Software. I am completely in love. And the trackpad is just the best thing i have ever handled. The back light keyboard is stunning, it has been on all day and i love it

15. Nordichund macrumors 6502

Oh they sound absolutely wonderful. I'm sure they are amazing. A terrific product for all those who have never heard of firewire.

16. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

These things are flying off the shelves at the moment. We're selling around 5 or 6 a day which for our little store is a boat load. Especially when we're not in the Christmas buying season just yet - that's not normally till November.

The price hikes here aren't making a lick of difference, people are looking at the white one and then buying the aluminium one as soon as they touch it.

They've done a magnificent job on these things - I'd love to see the price come down a bit but so far it hasn't been much of an issue.

17. Balty macrumors 6502

Balty

Where would that then be, eh? :D