People already getting replacements from Apple???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RonHC, Jun 24, 2010.

1. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

I heard that people are getting their replacements for the Antenna problem from Apple. Has anyone called Apple regarding the problem???

2. twelve56 macrumors member

A couple have also got replacements due to the yellow spots/line.

3. RonHC thread starter macrumors 6502a

RonHC

Does that mean i have to return the phone cause i already installed my Invisible Shield :(

4. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

I called Apple about the reception issue. They said they would get back to me in 72 hours or less.

5. twelve56 macrumors member

Its your choice. If you can live with the yellow bit then keep it, if it bugs you that much replace it.

Im picking mine up tomorrow, so im hoping it hasnt got the yellow spots/line, or if it has it will eventually fade.

6. tritonj macrumors 6502a

you guys do realize that if there is a problem with the antennae that swapping to a different phone isn't going to do anything. all the current phones are from the same production line and will have the same flaws if in fact there is one

7. RonHC thread starter macrumors 6502a

RonHC

Well some people dont have the problem when covering up the antenna

8. RonHC thread starter macrumors 6502a

RonHC

9. aristobrat macrumors G5

1-800-APL-CARE

Not to be purposefully flippant, but sometimes finding out yourself is quicker than having to bump your own thread! :eek: :D

10. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

Hey Ron I just put my invisashield on and the front has a lot of micro bubbles, how did yours turn out?

I think I like the old wet one better than the new dry instal

11. sleyeu macrumors 6502

Apparently the yellow is just the adhesive still a bit moist, give it a while and it might fade away. (the while glue in sticks is white right? when it is dry it is clear :D)

And for the antenna problem... :( maybe it is fixed in the next batch of production iphone 4, maybe a bit like the ipod touch 3g, just refined and taken the hardware bugs away.

12. RonHC thread starter macrumors 6502a

RonHC

I had a lot of bubbles on the back and its all gone this morning

13. xmtgx macrumors regular

Considering I dont have the problem I would have to say your in fact absolutely wrong. But yes they do replacements, my store wont do them till tomarrow though. They expect to still have around 3000 phones left so it shouldnt be a issue.

14. tritonj macrumors 6502a

what does covering up an antenna have to do with a replacement phone fixing the problem?

15. RonHC thread starter macrumors 6502a

RonHC

It could be a hardware issue, many other don't have this problem. they even went over the antenna and still have their signal

16. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

The whole stainless steel band is the antenna. The rubber seam separates the WiFi/GPS/BT antenna and the cell antenna. If you just touch the rubber seam or avoiding having your finger touch the antennas at the lower left corner, then the signal is unaffected. It is when your hand touches both the antennas, the signal is affected.

As for me, I am undecided. For now I can work around the issue and see if a software update fixes it( if it can. I have no idea if it is a software problem). If not, then I will go in for replacement.

17. tritonj macrumors 6502a

you don't seem to get it, what does someone who covered up an antenna have anything to do with replacements being the solution to the problem? it is an entirely separate issue