Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 23, 2010
Why? Because on Day one people are gonna drain that thing so quickly by constantly playing around with it.

NOTE: The first few days of Apple Watch will not be an accurate indication of real world battery usage.

Just an FYI, you know it's gonna happen.

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
I'm expecting much the same thing.
Of course people will always find something to complain about anyway but that battery will be taking a severe hammering for at least the first few days.

I don't expect my watch to last more than a few short hours when I get it. But I like to think I've got realistic expectations and I know I'll be playing with it a lot to start with.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Why? Because on Day one people are gonna drain that thing so quickly by constantly playing around with it.

NOTE: The first few days of Apple Watch will not be an accurate indication of real world battery usage.

Just an FYI, you know it's gonna happen.

That is pretty well a given. I predict some will not make it through half a day.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
I'm expecting much the same thing.
Of course people will always find something to complain about anyway but that battery will be taking a severe hammering for at least the first few days.

I don't expect my watch to last more than a few short hours when I get it. But I like to think I've got realistic expectations and I know I'll be playing with it a lot to start with.

We might not have enough released apps to actually find something to do on it long enough to kill the battery day one. But I'm sure most of us will surely try!

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 23, 2010
We might not have enough released apps to actually find something to do on it long enough to kill the battery day one. But I'm sure most of us will surely try!

I think the simple act of talking to people using just the watch is gonna drain most of it at the start lol

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland

I think there will be more compatible apps than we are expecting at launch. If we want to play with them much, well thats another matter :D

But I don't doubt there will be plenty to appeal enough that we can wipe the battery out without trying too hard.

MattXDA

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2014
UK
Definitely going to happen; everyone will be posting about how their battery is defective ;)

The unfortunate thing about it is that you can't really use it properly when its charging like you can with an iPhone

ditzy

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2007
Absolutely going to happen. I don't take any notice of what the battery life of a product is until I've had it for over a week. Because the first few days you don't use it like you will the rest of the time, because it is new.

Cutiekitty92

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2015
UK
Don't see why it's such a big problem

I hear a lot about this subject and the matter is why is it so important, most of us have iPhone 6's and they need charging every night also with good usage so really to me its not biggie as I will just be charging my watch and phone in the night

nathanalf

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2014
Wisconsin
This is just kind of standard at this point. Day 1 battery life (and seemingly for a few days afterwards until it stops being the 'shiny new toy I can't stop playing with') is always less than an actual realistic day of usage. At least for me...

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
My rule of thumb is to use new devices 7-10 days before you can judge how good or bad the battery life is. That gives you enough time for the new factor (just playing with it) to wear off, and to allow the battery to break in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.