People are (still) waiting in line for the iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by 55test55, Apr 22, 2011.

1. 55test55 macrumors 6502

Over a month after release? In freaking Indiana?

Thats what the apple store lady told me. I had no idea. Man, guess i should just order it online.

2. XXFirefighter macrumors regular

There ya go !
    Sounds like you answered your own question !

3. Vikinguy macrumors 6502

I got in line at 7:30 am wednesday and was probably around the 17th or so person there. It really is insane.

4. 55test55 thread starter macrumors 6502

damn even the iphone wasnt this bad.

would it be unwise to buy it at a store other than the apple store? they appear to be in stock at target, bb etc.

5. Vikinguy macrumors 6502

In my area (Raleigh/Durham) they were out everywhere. It was actually kind of fun other than waking up that early. I just streamed some netflix on my iphone and drank a fiji. I would have been severely pizzed if I hadn't gotten one though. I'd say they got about 50 or so in that morning.

6. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68020

PBG4 Dude

An Apple store will service the iPad, no matter where it was purchased so there's no disadvantage in that regard. Apple stores, however, are the only stores that will let you upgrade or downgrade your model if you decide you need a different model in those first 14 days.

7. GP_1 macrumors regular

Yup there are still lines everywhere... That's why I ordered mine online 2 days ago. :)

8. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

Folks are still waiting! Out of three Best Buys, one Target, and one Apple store...only one Best Buy had some (only one model) and the Apple store just got a shipment last night of one model.

It's nuts.

9. Maaz macrumors 6502a

That's why I stood in line the first day. While people on here laughed and said they'll just order online. Haha

10. mantan macrumors 68000

The 'line at the Apple store was about 12 people long at 8:30 (store opens at 9:00) yesterday. We all got 'tickets', the actually let us in early and I was out of the door before 9:10. I honestly expected a lot worse....

11. Legion93 macrumors 6502a

Legion93

I've just been into an Apple retail store in my local area and replaced my iPad 2 because of the light-leak problem and the new one still has the issue, however, it's kind of weird they have brand new replacements units in stock, but no units that are sealed.

12. Vizin, Apr 22, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  13. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I also got mine on the first day, but I would never have guessed that people would still be standing in line more than a month later! And to think some people thought they could walk into a store a few days after launch and walk out with one...

14. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

I agree that ordering online still makes the most sense these days.

15. steadysignal macrumors 6502a

steadysignal

even with the wait time down to two weeks, its the best way to get one.

be patient and hit up apple.com

16. psonice macrumors 6502a

Wow, it's still that bad? Any idea about the UK? A friend of mine is considering one (I queued up on launch day, needed it urgently for development).

I'd normally suspect that they're producing very small numbers in this kind of situation, but from my sales figures I suspect they MUST have sold a large number already (my last app is ipad2 only - i.e. ipad1 owners can't buy it, and it reached no.7 in the US chart against all the ipad1 compatible apps. I think that can ONLY mean there's plenty of ipad2s out there already!)