People can barely hear me! | iPhone 3GS 32GB

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tejaykay, Oct 19, 2009.

1. tejaykay macrumors 6502

tejaykay

Has anyone else been experiencing this issue. People I speak to on the phone always complain that they can barely hear me. I either have to speak very loud or I cup my hand round my mouth so ALL the sound is directed into the phone.

I have not had this experience on any other phones. My iPhone was purchased on the 3GS release date. I am currently with O2, should I contact them or Apple? I Understand the iPhone should still be covered under warranty.

Any responses would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!

Tim

2. matttye macrumors 601

I had that problem on my iPhone 2G.. it's because the iPhone isn't a good phone :p

3. John T macrumors 68020

John T

What a load of rubbish! Whilst speaking on the 'phone, just make sure your little finger doesn't stray round to the bottom edge and cover the microphone.

Simple as that! :)

4. cap'njack macrumors member

Can't say I've ever had that problem, in fact wifey says that she can hear me better on the iPhone compared to my old Nokia. I'd try making sure you aren't covering the microphone and if this doesn't solve it then I'd take it to the nearest Apple Store to have them take a look at it.

5. synagence macrumors 6502a

Got exactly the same problem (same network too)... i took mine into genius bar other day and they blasted the mic with air and removed a blob of fluff from the headphone port too which was actually affecting it...

Made a couple of test calls while in the bar and it seemed fine ... but i've had to almost shout down the phone before to be heard.... Genius wasn't particularly helpful but i guess its a difficult issue to resolve... he put a note against my serial number so if i go in again with same issue they'll take it to the next level

6. matttye macrumors 601

My finger never touched the mic when I was on the phone.. I think maybe mine just had problems, because the audio on it was beyond poor from the getgo.

7. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I've actually had the opposite happen--people I speak to can hear every little thing that's going on in the background wherever I am, including trash trucks banging dumpsters around outside through 2 closed doors.

8. tejaykay thread starter macrumors 6502

tejaykay

Of course I am not obstructing the microphone! I shall pop into the genius bar and see where it goes from there.

I literarly have to shout to be heard. I've been blaming it on my girlfriends nokia as I won't hear a bad word against my phone. However, others have claimed the same too- I've succumbed defeat.