People can't hear when in the phone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dmx, May 14, 2016.

1. dmx macrumors 6502

When on the phone with anyone, they can't really hear me. I'm not garbled, its just I sound really quiet as if I'm talking into the phone from a distance. It's a 6 Plus.

Voice memos sound fine. Siri works fine. Video recording audio sounds fine. The problem mainly occurs when I have my phone to my ear talking to someone. If I put them on speaker, they say I sound much better. I've removed all cables and screen protectors.

Any ideas of what the issue could be?

Thanks!

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Lint / dust maybe.

The quality of Network Signal.

Any possible chance of water ingress ?

Maybe seek advice / assistance from your most local Geniusbar.

3. MiniGeek macrumors member

Can you hear them OK?

My spouse's phone had a problem where anything with a phone call could barely be heard. After some looking around online and seeing that others were experiencing something similar, I went into his settings and enabled hearing aide mode. Go to Settings-General-Accessibility-Hearing Aids-Hearing Aid Mode. Try toggling that on and see if that helps. There's also a Phone Noise Cancellation switch. That will get disabled if you toggle on Hearing Aid Mode, but maybe try that one first to see if it works?